Thursday, February 12, 2009

Daddy Day Care

Last Week, I took the day off to spend with Joey. I took pictures, a journal or diary if you will, so I could share with you all of the fun that Joey had at Daddy Day Care.

This is an awesome opportunity to thank Aunt Peggy (Tues), Mom Mom Marie (Thurs), and Mom Mom Linda (Fri). When Nicole goes to work, these wonderful people watch and take care of Joey. Nicole and I are extremely grateful and appreciate everything that you do for us and Joey. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you very much.

So here are the pictures and stories from our special day:

Joey's breakfast nowadays is pretty impressive, at least by baby standards. In fact, I'm a little jealous because if I had a three course breakfast, it would consist of Belguim Waffles and bacon, an impressive piece of crumb cake, some honeydew, and a mean cup of black coffee to rinse it all down. Check out Joey with his breakfast. Don't tell Nicole, but he didn't eat that much.



After breakfast, we played with some toys. While my vote was for a quick game of NHL, Joey wanted to play with the hammer from his arcade toy. Yes folks, an arcade toy for 6M+.



His morning nap was great. PSYCH!




After his nap, it started to snow. If you look close enough, you can see the flakes.



Lunch Time! Again, if it was my choice, we would have packed up and went to Five Guys. After Five Guys, we could have fit in a round of golf at Putt Putt Golf and Games. Is the Bazaar still open? Instead, Joey chose formula and sweet potatoes. He seemed to like it. Don't tell Nicole, but he didn't finish again.



This is by far the best story of the day. After lunch, Joey's belly was full so he decided to take a dump (I will not say Potty). While changing him, he stuck his hand in the sh...aving cream. I tried to clean his hands as fast as I could. With semi clean hands, he decided to eat his binky and his hands. Because I was nervous about him digesting some poop, I gave him Tylenol. After the Tylenol, I gave him a bath to clean up the rest of the mess. After his bath, he wouldn't let me button his outfit. SMILE!



After the diaper debacle, it was definitly time for another nap. Look how peaceful!



By the time he woke up, more snow was on the ground. Check out the snow bud!



Before we knew it, the door opened and Mommy was home. She was proud of me and glad that Joey was still in one piece (his outfit was still unbuttoned though). I had such an awesome day and look forward to many more of these fun filled days with Joey at Daddy Day Care. How does my hair look?

7 comments:

Dana said...

HILARIOUS!!!

Dana said...

Joey -- send me an email. I need to add you as an invited guest to the blog. pdletter@insightbb.com

peditto said...

that's awesome... He actually looks like a Lafferty in a few of those shots!

Teacher Betty said...

Joey I think you better keep your day job. What was the reasoning behind the tylenol?
Kidding aside, this was so cute, I especially Joey's look of yearning to go out in the snow! What a fun day! KK AB

aunt ka said...

DO NOT give up that day job is right! Glad you are having fun with the big guy...........

Linda said...

Who was in charge? My guess is the baby. He is so active, that he does not want to lay still long enough to put him back together after a diaper change. I will be glad when he is potty trained. I totally understand the tylenol. Joey is nerotic (not sure of the spelling). All kidding aside, I really am not ready for the litle guy to be trained. I want him to stay little.

AuntP said...

What an awesome day.......

It was great to see you enjoy your little boy!

The poop story was funny(tylenol and all...)

The best one is you and Joey at the end of the day! (your hair reminds me of mine when I first had the girls.....MESSY!)XO