Thursday, October 30, 2008

World Series Closure

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to the Philadelphia Phillies, and the fans of this great team. In a very interesting year, they won when it mattered most and brought this town its first title in 25 years. Thank you to all of the ballplayers on the team. As a member of the fans, we are beyond grateful.

NOW...

As you all know, my son Joey was born on June 14th. Right around his birthday, the Phillies decided to cool off big time. On several occasions, Nicole's Uncle Julian reminded me of this and made slight indications that Joey brought this team bad luck (there stats are bad from June 14th to Sept - google it). Well, when the dust settled and the smoke cleared, he did not bring them bad luck at all. My son, that's right, my son did not bring them bad luck. My son brought this town a World Series Title. My son brought World Series Closure to this city.

I hope you all enjoy this championship. Here are some pictures that I will show Joey when he gets older. The last is a picture of Father and Son late after the celebration.





7 comments:

aunt ka said...

So glad that JOEY brought the Phils to this point! I will drink today to the PHILS and not to forget our big guy JOEY!

Dana said...

You should have conceived that good luck charm years ago! Guess we'll have to wait for Lafferty child #2 for the next title!

Big Joe said...

Hey Daddy, what's with the goofy face?
We were worried after Little Joey was born that the Phils played like crap and he didn't like his Phanatic doll but since they won, he's my good luck charm. Looks like Mommy and him have the same smile.
As you all know, I've always been a big Phillies fan and thanks to one of Johnny's co-workers, we got to go to game 5 Monday and Wednesday. It was truly exciting!

Teacher Betty said...

Maybe if you have a baby every year, the Phillies will win every year!!!!!

Kim Federico said...

Now wait a minute!!!! We have to disagree about who the good luck charm is!!!
Joey can not take credit for this one. Some people on this side of the family agree that it was not Joey that bought the Phillies the luck but it was Michael. The night we went into the hospital is the night that the Phillies won their first playoff game against Milwaukee. The night he was born is the night that Victorino hit the Grand Slam!!!! I think we have to give credit where credit is due!!! LOL!!!!!! Love ya guys.

Linda said...

Go Phillies!! I think that Joe & I going to chicago broke the curse for us...that is the curse of Billy Penn. The Cubby's thought they were going to break their 100 year curse. What a series, we did not get any sleep in the Lafferty household. All the babies of 08 are the good luck charms. Love you all

aunt ka said...

We need more stuff........