Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My New Old Sneaks

I'm sure the Aunts will love this...

After years of making fun of my Dad (Big Joe), I bought a pair of Chuck Taylors. I guess they are semi cool but they are by far the most uncomfortable sneakers that I have ever worn. When it came time to buy Joey his first pair of sneakers, I decided to go with the Chucks. I would have preferred to buy him a pair of Jordans but they are more expensive and usually come with a dumb hat.

Here is a picture of Joey with me lovin' his new old sneaks.

3 comments:

AuntP said...

Quick give that baby a hug and kiss!

Memories....Going to "THE OUTLET"
and buying MY BROTHER JOSEPH a pair of sneakers!!!!!

Big Joe said...

I got my first pair during Christmas of 1965 from Brooks sporting goods at the Bazaar of all Nations (Clifton Mall) and yes, Mom Mom Jones almost had a heart attack with the cost. I wore holes in them within the year. I don't think Little Joey will wear his out at least not this pair.

Teacher Betty said...

I remember going to the bazaar and getting those Chucks. (not for me)
It is amazing that they are the thing to wear!!!!