Thursday, January 22, 2009

Uncle John

Thanks a lot for the comments regarding the countdown. I had a lot of fun putting it together and spent a lot of time as well.

A few people wanted to know about Johnny and Nina. So here is the explanation.

Clearly, Johnny and Nina would have been included (Cousin Tommy and Laura as well), if they got engaged in '08. Johnny and Nina got engaged on December 23, 2007. I will remember this for several reasons:

1. I was very excited for my brother and Nina.
2. The night before was Johnny's work party. He asked Nina the next morning while still feeling the effects of the Homenet Soiree.
3. The first person they told was Uncle Stephen who was sleeping in the next room (I would have loved to hear that exchange).
4. It occurred on the day of the fish dinner which is held by the Carbone Aunts every year.

Congratulations Uncle John and Aunt Nina. We are very excited and look forward to your special day.



5 comments:

peditto said...

Johnny is such a natural in front of the camera

Big Joe said...

Uncle Johnny and Aunt Nina to be wed in about 3 months, hard to believe my "Ohjn" is all grown up. Nina's father Nick and I are assisting them with looking at houses. It's a very exciting time for them and us and I'm really looking forward to the wedding.

johnny said...

it's pretty lame that the uncle John post only got 2 comments, but i digress - yeah Mike, I used the word digress. Anyway, the wedding should be a blast and I hope everyone can make...even my fat nephew.

peditto said...

Joey has a kid, Johnny is buying a house and using "digress" in a sentence -- and stephen has somehow convinced a female to refer to him as "my boyfriend".... Am I the only degenerate left?!?!

aunt ka said...

John, you know we all love you. With beautiful faces like you and Nina........how could we not?